|Date Posted||September 11, 2018|
|Salary / Compensation||70-80K plus benefits|
We are seeking an extremely organized and detail-oriented HR Operations Manager to join our expanding team in the NYC Office. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established, highly-regarded, and entrepreneurial-minded organization. The HR Operations Manager will oversee all aspects of payroll processing, benefits administration, and onboarding, as well as other HR tasks as needed. Must be experienced processing multi-state payrolls utilizing ADP, Just Works, or similar platform, and comfortable utilizing other online, cloud-based benefit platform systems. This role will report in to the US-based Global HR Director.
This is an operational and hands-on role that requires an incredible level of organization and attention to detail. We have a busy HR function based in NY, but we support employees throughout North America (and sometimes globally as needed). We deal with many email inquiries and would really benefit from a system-minded HR Administrator that can assist us in streamlining our talent acquisition, benefits, and onboarding processes. We offer a supportive, flexible, and friendly work environment with a top-notch benefits package, generous vacation allowance (including a week off during the holiday season), and work/life balance.
Our ideal candidate is incredibly organized, accurate, and doesn’t miss even the smallest detail. S/he has set up and implemented complete HR systems from the ground up, is a whiz at creating and managing internal filing systems (electronically) and has successfully developed a foolproof organizational and time management system that is the envy of their colleagues. In addition, you understand the importance of communication at all times – email, internal social media (i.e. Yammer), site-sharing (i.e. Sharepoint). Given the great deal of internal communications, policies, and procedures that we circulate within HR, being able to not only keep up with changing regulations but also understanding how to communicate and make accessible to the masses is incredibly important.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates the operations and activities related to the Human Resources (HR) operations and functions on a national level.
- Supports HR staff to resolve human resource problems, interpret HR policies and procedures and recommends effective courses of action.
- Provides leadership in coordinating the activities of the HR Department to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, policies, regulations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Works closely with other HR staff in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR/Payroll programs, functions and activities.
- Provides consistent interpretation/application of HR policies and procedures companywide, with an eye toward global consistency and compliance.
- Identifies optimal solutions that meet the needs of the HR functions by recommending process improvements, system enhancements and alternatives based on specific needs.
- Audits HRIS system capabilities for accuracy, integrity and functionality.
- Provides leadership and oversees employee information collection, analysis and reporting.
- Acts with complete independence and autonomy but can rely on HR colleagues for support when needed (in New York and London). Able to manage all onboarding, payroll, and benefit processes confidently and independently.
- Processing multiple payrolls for employees domestically as well as Canada and Mexico.
- Managing requests from state agencies for quarterly filing reports; troubleshooting errors.
- Preparing offer letters and overseeing the onboarding process.
- Enrolling employees in benefits and similar programs.
- Overseeing and managing cloud-based benefits platforms, including data entry and addressing employee requests.
- Has complete ownership of managing ‘people’ data and communicating accordingly, and compliant with GDPR regulations. Includes managing database of new hires, terminations, and vacancies. Can provide this data to HR Director and relevant managers on a regular basis.
- Creates and implements systems for onboarding and exits (in the form of checklists within Excel or other tasking program).
- Is up-to-date on changing legislation pertaining to US workplace compliance. Updates policies and handbook accordingly and communicates with staff.
- Plans and oversees HR events, including ‘Lunch and Learn’ and open enrollment events.
- B.S. in Human Resources or similar discipline;
- At least five years of relevant work experience;
- Computer savvy, with excellent writing and communication skills, especially via email;
- Organized, detail-oriented, extremely responsive and friendly to employee requests;
- Acts with a high level of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with sensitive employee information;
- Occasional work outside of the standard ‘9 to 5’ to meet certain deadlines and maintain role responsibilities;
- Occasional domestic travel.